Well, it’s that time of year again.
Hastings Rock radio will be returning, license permitting, once again in May 2013. The station will be the on air from Saturday 4th May until midnight on Friday 31st May, probably on the usual 87.7FM frequency & also via the Internet.
This year will be the 20th anniversary of the very first Hastings Rock broadcast back in August of 1993. So there is bound be an air of celebration surrounding this years proceedings.
Local company Booker & Best are very kindly sponsoring this years Hastings Rock broadcast and the station will, once again, be supporting and raising awareness for St Michael’s Hospice throughout their 28 days on air.
I will give more information about this years Hastings Rock broadcast nearer the time, including a full programme schedule. But, for the moment I just wanted to publicise my own Local Music Shows that I’ll be doing once again on Sunday evenings throughout May.
This year those Local Music Shows will be on at the slightly later time of 8-10pm on Sunday evenings.
But, for those shows to take place I need your music. I have already started getting local music together for inclusion, but I know there’s more out there waiting to be heard. So, if your music fits the following criteria/rules please get in touch with me via Pierless Music. The email address is: email@example.com
- All music must be original material, no cover versions.
- No swearing.
- You, or your band must come from the Hastings, Eastbourne, Rye, Battle and Robertsbridge area.
- All music must be on CD or mp3 and be of broadcastable quality.
- There is no guarantee that your music will be played on air.
- Music doesn’t have to be classed as Rock. I can move the musical boundaries for this show, within reason. Blues, Folk, World, Jazz and other genre’s have been included in the past.
I look forward to hearing from you.
PS: For those who aren’t already aware. I am the Chairman of Hastings Rock radio and therefore have an interest in the radio station.