‘Pierless Music’ was set up in September 2012 by Andy Gunton and Richard Lock. Go to ‘About Us – Founder Biogs’ to find out more about us.
Our aim is to promote, support and nurture original local music from Hastings and the surrounding area*.
We both feel, very passionately, that the quality of the original music that comes from the Hastings area, across all age groups and musical genres, is such that it deserves to be heard by a much wider audience.
Is there anywhere else quite like Hastings? Well, we certainly don’t think so and that’s why we’re here.
But, we need your support to help us achieve our goals.
- If you are in a local band, or produce original music of your own, we want to hear from you.
- If you are putting on gigs, or events that include original music. we want to hear from you.
- If you write/blog about, or want to write/blog about original local music, we want to hear from you.
- If you take good quality photo’s, or video footage of local acts, we want to hear from you.
Also, if you have any news, views or information about something that you feel we should be covering here, please let us know.
Together, we can help original local music get the attention it richly deserves.
‘Pierless Music’ have many ideas and future plans. We just hope that, at least, some of them come to fruition.
Stay tuned to find out more and feel free to tell your friends all about us.
New content is being added to the Pierless Music site all the time, so don’t forget to check back regularly. We wouldn’t want you to miss anything.
Suggestions, feedback and ideas are always very welcome. Feel free to contact us.
Please remember that ‘Pierless Music’ is interested in original local music only. We have the utmost respect for those who play cover versions and they certainly have their place locally. But, unfortunately this isn’t it.
* For our definition of “Hastings and the surrounding area”, just think of the approximate traditional 1066 area, ie: Rye to Pevensey and Hastings to Robertsbridge. But, the nearer to Hastings itself, the better.
Thanks for visiting,
Andy and Richard.